Steve & Grant haven’t been up to much this week but there’s plenty to say about Virgin Blue, erm, that’s Virgin Australia now!
- Virgin Blue has renamed itself to Virgin Australia following serious negotiations with Richard Branson and Singapore Airlines.
- It’s likely that V Australia and Pacific Blue will soon be merged into the Virgin Australia brand.
- It’s a total re-branding and Steve notes the similarity their new livery to Qantas’ red & white, although some out there are calling it Virgin Bland.
- John Borghetti is setting up a big push to go after the domestic business market with an initial goal of increasing their share to 25%.
- Qantas are putting 747s on some East Coast to Perth routes to compete against Virgin Australia’s A330s.
- Richard Branson says he’s very happy with John Borghetti’s work as the new CEO.
- Tiger Airways are trying to recruit local oversight staff & have released their new customer service component of their website.
As we wrap the episode, Steve brings up the subject of his L-39 ride this week with Jetride Australia and even plays some in-flight audio, which gets Grant so upset that he storms out of the studio!
PS: We also have bloopers for this episode which you can play via the player below: