The boys are back after Easter and there’s a few news topics to cover:
- Two guys have flown a single engined aircraft from the USA to Australia, replicating Sir Charles Kingsford Smith’s flight as part of a fund raiser for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- The RNZAF have received the first of their upgraded P-3K2 Orions while their remaining A-4K Skyhawks are going up for tender.
- Australian air traffic controllers may be experiencing fatigue issues.
- The delivery date for Qantas’ 787s keeps getting pushed out with it now forecast for the second quarter of 2012.
- Severe weather has led to reduced traveller numbers in February.
- Europe is raising concerns about Qantas possibly setting up a base in Shanghai.
- Strategic Airlines is talking about flying to the USA now that they’re doing flights to Bali which will be challenging with a very small fleet.
- Tiger Airways in the news for the wrong reasons with CASA threatening grounding due to training & maintenance issues. They’re also 8 months late on submitting their end of financial year accounts.
PS: We also have bloopers for this episode which you can play via the player below: