Well, it’s Happy Turkey day for our American friends but we don’t celebrate that one down here. Maybe it’s because we’re thankful every day to be here in Australia?
- Four of Qantas’ A380s have had their Trent 9000s swapped for ones confirmed to not have their oil line fault.
- Alan Joyce has received praise for his handling of the A380 grounding but the media spotlight is still on the airlines with minor issues that wouldn’t get a mention now appearing on the front page, including a Qantas 747-400 engine fault, a 717 hit by lightning and a birdstrike in Johannesburg while even Jetstar and Virgin Blue issues are getting airtime and column inches.
- A Jetstar pilot has gone public with concerns about Singapore based pilots being paid less than they should be so he’s been fired for violating his contract.
- AirAsia are going to fly from Darwin to Bali in competition with Jetstar.
- A new liquids scanner is being trialled in Sydney airport.
The boys wrap up the segment with an interview they recorded with WGCDR Terry Deeth while attending the RAAF’s F-111 Media Day at Amberley.