Steve’s seen some strange things at railway stations, but what was that hot air balloon doing in front of the Maryborough station out in rural Victoria? Yup, it was Grant… He’s back now so it’s time to get stuck into some news:
- A kangaroo wound up in the Melbourne airport car park and getting rather panicked when it couldn’t pay the parking fee…
- Qantas have invested $30m in their Brisbane maintenance base making it likely that the Avalon maintenance facility is heading for closure.
- Flight Centre is being taken to court by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for attempting to set up a price fixing deal with Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines and Emirates.
- RAAF Richmond hosted a charity fund raiser where teams were invited to tow a C-130J Hercules over a 10m distance on the ramp. Despite the RAAF’s best efforts, the Public Order & Riot Squad from the New South Wales Police force won yet again.
- The RNZAF have picked up four B200 King Airs from Hawker Pacific for pilot training and transport duties.
Finally, it turns out Steve was wr…, erm, wro…, ummm, somewhat incorrect when he said that Fiji Airways had received their first A330. Nope, it was just a paint scheme reveal. Oooops…