Grant’s sitting with Rob in his studio and chatting with the Geeks when Steve dials in via speaker phone to help discuss the aviation news from Down Under.
- CASA has issued a list of items that Tiger Airways must address before they can allowed to carry passengers again.
- CASA has also launched a review of GA regulations but the boys are dubious that it will lead to any tangible improvements.
- GippsAero have announced that a Rolls Royce turbine will power their new GA-10 aircraft.
- Meanwhile, GippsAero are also looking to make a new version of the GAF Nomad as the GA-18.
- Qantas pilots have started making PAs about being “real Qantas pilots” as opposed to those employed by other companies, such as JetConnect.
- The Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) have been exercising with RAAF F-18s both in Australia and over in Japan.