The boys knew they’d be back with AusDesk episodes in 2022 but didn’t think it would take quite *this* long to get one produced. Suffice to say, they’ve picked one of the busiest times in aviation Down Under to come back with lots of things to cover, so lets crack on with them:
- We start with the big news from Qantas, but it’s not their long awaited purchase of Alliance Aviation
- Instead, it’s Qantas’ purchase of A350-1000s for use on their Project Sunrise flights.
- These flights will connect Sydney & Melbourne to London and New York with no stops enroute and will involve an A350-1000 with way less seats than usual to allow for more fuel to be carried.
- Of course, this is just another step in Qantas’ transition away from an all Boeing fleet as it’s yet another Airbus they’re purchasing, in addition to their large order for A320 family aircraft we’ve previously reported on.
- There’s also plenty of news on the air show front with:
- The Pacific Air Show coming to Australia to hold an air show at the Gold Coast in 2023.
- The RAAF announcing the Amberley Air Tattoo for October this year.
- The World Championship Air Race confirming their Australian race will be held at Lake Macquarie in November this year.