Steve’s amazed that it’s been 200 episodes since he first discovered the Airplane Geeks show back when they’d just released episode 33. Meanwhile, Grant’s been up in Sydney flying a hot air balloon out of Paramatta park as part of the Australia Day balloon fiesta event, which was his first flight with Nykolai on board. Then the next day, they drove back from Sydney to Melbourne as one of the company vehicles needed be brought back down.
Of course, there’s also been some news items to review:
- A flew in the Qantas website allowed people to purchase seats that didn’t exist on Emirates flights.
- Tiger Airways have taken a hit to their bottom line here in Oz but their Singapore operation is doing fine.
- Jetstar Japan are adding two new A320s taking their fleet more than a third of the way to their goal of having 24 aircraft.
- One of the former RAAF C-130Hs has come out of deep maintenance at Qantas Defence Services (Constructor Number 4786 and formerly A97-006).
- The USAF are bringing the F-22 back to the Avalon Airshow but this time they will be putting on a handling display.
Next week’s OzDesk could be interesting as Grant’s off to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to attend Malaysian Airlines’ oneworld joining celebrations.