The weather isn’t great with a cold & wet start to Summer but hey, there’s still some great aviation news to report on.
- Virgin Australia’s re-branding has completed with all their various groups now operating under the one corporate banner while Polynesian Blue has been re-branded as Virgin Samoa and are, apparently, running the most profitable 737 on the planet.
- Virgin Australia has carried more domestic passengers than Qantas in October.
- Sydney International Airport to upgrade & reconfigure its terminals to no longer have International on one side of the runway and Domestic on the other, but rather to have Qantas, Jetstar, Emirates and friends in the former Domestic terminal while Virgin, Etihad, Singapore Airlines and friends would use the former International terminal. Sound odd? REX sure thinks so! And what about those who aren’t aligned with either of those groups?
- China Southern to increase its presence in Australia & is looking for a more Aussie feel to its services, especially with Australian flight attendants.
- Scoot looks to fly to Sydney from Singapore while it’s CEO has a possible Freudian slip when talking about the value of low cost carriers. Low Value Carriers sure sounds like Tiger Airways, doesn’t it?
PS: We also have bloopers for this episode which you can play via the player below: