The boys are going to try for a shorter OzDesk to say thanks to Max for running the full length version of the previous week’s segment, rather than the cut down version. Lets see how they do with:
- Jetstar are backing down on going for non-reclining seats and Qantas are also backing down on having middle seats in business class.
- Virgin Blue are increasing their fuel surcharges and increasing baggage fees but that hasn’t saved them from their booking system having a meltdown on the 16th and again today, much to the displeasure of passengers.
- Qantas are reporting a profit and are even forecasting growth in the future but the unions are saying they need to roll some of those profits into their staff.
- There’s concern for future costs as oil prices are going up all around the world.
- A Qantas A380 experienced an oil issue where supplies of oil dropped significantly on one of its four Trent 900 engines.
PS: We also have bloopers for this episode which you can play via the player below: